Hello, I’m Jim Coe, Seaside FM Sales Manager.
Seaside FM is a community based not-for profit radio station featuring traditional and today’s easy listening, soft rock, adult standards, middle of the road favourites, instrumentals, big band, jazz, East Coast and Canadian content. We play artists such as Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Nora Jones, James Taylor, Anne Murray, Michael Buble, Gordon Lightfoot, Elton John, The Eagles, Queen, John Denver and other great music from 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and more.
Seaside FM broadcasts to many thousands of mature listeners from across Halifax, Dartmouth, Bedford, Lower Sackville, Chester Basin, Windsor, Shubenacadie, Musquodoboit Harbour and places in between. On the internet we reach much further of course. We also tweet on Twitter and post to Facebook.
If you’re looking to advertise to a mature audience (50 plus years of age) with a smattering of younger listeners, then Seaside FM is the place for you. We offer some of the best radio advertising rates in Halifax Metro. The Seaside FM Sales Team is ready and willing to help you put together an advertising campaign that will meet your organization’s requirements.
Typical Audience Breakdown for Our Type of Music Format
- Adults 45+ (71.3% of listening audience)
- Adults 35-44 (18.5% of listening audience)
Source: Mediamark Research & Intelligence LLC
Typical Characteristics for Canadians Over the Age of 50
- Active with considerable spending power yet ignored by advertisers
- Represent a new market for those who have done traditional advertising
- Have spending clout waiting to be unleashed
- Responsible for 55% of discretionary spending and 80% of the country’s personal wealth
- Account for more than 80% of leisure travel spending, 25 percent of toy sales, 60% of home remodelling and 50% of luxury car purchases
Seaside FM Facts You Need to Know
- Our niche market advertising targets your clients specifically with the right message.
- High average listening rate (our audience listens often – your message gets heard).
- Our radio advertising campaigns are small business friendly – ask how friendly.
- Over 12,500 Likes on Facebook.
- Over 8,000 followers on TuneIn Radio.
- Over 3,000 followers on Twitter.
Seaside FM Awareness and Call to Action Advertising Options Include:
- In-House Production. We do all the work!
- High Volume Discount Rate Options
- 30, 15 and 60 second commercials
- Sponsorships such News, Weather, Traffic Report, Community Notes, etc.
- Thirty-minute on-air commercial interviews and On-Site Live Remotes
For more information on Seaside FM download our Fast Facts sheet.